Vaginoplasty / Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation/ Vaginal Rejuvenation tightens the inside diameter of the vagina when the vagina has been stretched out during childbirth or is wide because of genetics. This procedure should ONLY be done by a cosmetically trained & experienced gynecologic surgeon. We are the only type of surgeon specifically trained in this area of our anatomy. Make sure that your surgeon is specialty trained in Vaginal Rejuvenation. Some plastic surgeons refer to Labiaplasty as vaginal rejuvenation, which is incorrect. Vaginal Rejuvenation improves function of the entire length of the vagina.
Laser Reduction Labiaplasty / Reduction Labiaplasty is a reduction of the inner lips of the vagina for a smaller, “tucked-in” look. Some women are not happy if their inner lips or labia stick out beyond their outer lips and hang out when standing. If long, they can get caught or pinched during sex, exercise, horseback or bike riding or in tight clothing and can give a bulging appearance. These issues can be the cause of embarrassment or low sexual self esteem. Labiaplasty is a recently popular procedure and there are more doctors adding this procedure to their list of services every year. Be sure to research your surgeon and know that he/she is board-certified, has had specialty training with experience and excellent outcomes.
Labiaplasty Revisions are also on the rise. There are several reasons when a labiaplasty may need revisions. First, Labiaplasty procedures are being done by doctors that haven’t had the proper training or experience in doing labiaplasty and so the patient isn’t satisfied with her outcome. Also, labia are thin flaps of tissue that heal best with minimal rubbing during labiaplasty healing. If a patient walks a lot or exercises during the healing process, even a well done labiaplasty may not heal correctly.
Clitoral Hood Reduction or Reduction of Excess Prepuce is usually done in combination with labiaplasty (or a revision of labiaplasty). It precisely removes the excess skin on the sides of the clitoris. The clitoris and the surrounding nerves are NEVER touched in this procedure when performed by Dr. Hayes.
Laser Perineoplasty / Perineorrhaphy / Perineoplasty repairs and restores the relaxed, aging, or injured perineum (area between the rectum and the opening of the vagina). This procedure is usually done in combination with vaginal rejuvenation but can be a stand alone procedure as well as some women have had this scarring or poor healing after a vaginal delivery.
Designer Laser Vaginoplasty® (DLV®) is the aesthetic laser surgical enhancement of the vaginal area including the labia minora, labia majora, mons pubis, perineum, introitus. Although our experience and techniques provide us the ability to design most anything that one can desire, our most common DLV® procedures are as follows:
- Laser Reduction Labiaplasty (of the labia minora) can sculpture the elongated or unequal labia minora (small inner lips) according to ones specification. Most women tell us that they do not want the small inner lips to project beyond the large outer lips. Some women bring in magazines to show us what they want.
- Removal of the hyperpigmented ends of the labia minora thorough Laser reduction labiaplasty this can be accomplished. Some women do not like the hyperpigmented ends of the labia minora. They desire to have a uniform coloration throughout.
- Reduction of Excess Prepuce (excess skin along the sides of the clitoris) Women tell us that they want the skin to drape neatly over the clitoris. The reduction of the excess prepuce provides the desired aesthetic enhancement of the clitoral skin. The majority of women having laser reduction labiaplasty need the reduction of excess prepuce for a complete aesthetic result.
- Laser Reduction Labiaplasty with combined reduction of the thickness of the labia minora. Some women note that due to childbirth, aging, or genetics the labia minora are thicker or wider than they like. A combined reduction of the labia minora along with the thickness, can be accomplished with Laser reduction labiaplasty and provide the desired aesthetic look.
- Laser Reduction Labiaplasty® of the labia majora (large outer lips). The large protruding or sagging labia majora can be aesthetically sculptured by one of three methods to produce an aesthetically pleasing result. This sagging process can result from childbirth weight gain/weight loss or aging. Laser reduction labiaplasty will restore that youthful look and feel.
- Laser Perineoplasty can rejuvenate the relaxed or an aging vaginal opening, labia minora, labia majora and perineum (area immediately outside the vagina and above the anus) to provide that youthful, aesthetic look and feel of the vagina.
- Mons Liposculpturing can completely remove the unsightly fatty bulges of the mons pubis (pubic area) and labia majora. The fatty accumulations in these structures produce clothing and undergarment, and bathing suit irregularity and bulges. In some cases it can prevent women from wearing clothing of their choice. Mons liposculpturing will aesthetically enhance, reduce and define the structures. This is done in our office while you’re awake and there is little to no down time.