You’ve noticed an area of disconnect.
You are growing less and less interested in sexual intimacy. Things that used to arouse you, excite you, no longer do. You think it will pass, but now it’s been months, maybe a few years. Weekly sex turned into monthly sex, and now you’re trying to remember exactly when the last time was.
Physical Causes of a Reduced Sex Drive
A woman’s desire to have sex is based on a complex mixture of different components, all which affect Intimacy. It can be physical or emotional; attached to beliefs, lifestyle or prior experiences. If you are experiencing a lower libido, here are a few of the physical issues that could be causing it or contributing to it.
- Sexual Issues — problems that occur during sex can often hamper the desire to be intimate. If you aren’t able to achieve orgasm or you experience pain during intercourse, your libido will be lower.
- Medical Diseases – Certain conditions affect us indirectly. Cancer, diabetes, depression, heart disease, high blood pressure, obesity, lung disease, and some neurological diseases can affect a woman’s desire to be intimate.
- Medication – Certain medications for pain, depression, seizures and blood pressure can each affect your sex drive.
- Alcohol and Drugs – A little may feel like it enhances but more than a little takes away libido. Actually doesn’t do much for performance either.
- Menopause – As hormones drop drastically, arousal becomes slower and orgasms feel less intense. Vaginal dryness from loss of estrogen is uncomfortable at first and ultimately leads to painful sex. If you are experiencing these symptoms, please read our BioTE® (Natural Bioidentical Hormone Replacement) Information.
Emotional Causes for Low Libido
- Mental Health – Anxiety, Depression, OCD, ADD
- Job Stress
- Relationship or Family Stress
- History of Sexual or Physical Abuse Each of these emotional issues can lead to problems in the bedroom.
A Natural Solution
In addition to BioTE®, there is now a very natural solution using your own body’s healing abilities: The O-shot®.